All Things Bikes
September 30, 2022
ALL THINGS BIKES
If using Bike Flights your bike will be shipped to and returned from Matawan Bike Shop. Follow the instructions using the Bike Flights link above.
The 2022 YSC Tour de Pink is being supported by the Matawan Bike Shop. THANK YOU, MATAWAN!
Matawan Bike Shop will also offer both hybrid and road bike rentals on site.
Your rental bike will be delivered to the hotel on Friday, Sept 30, and picked up immediately after the ride ends on Sunday, Oct 1.
There are a limited number of rentals available so please email the shop to let them know your specifications. The deadline for rentals is August 31.
Matawan Bike Shop can provide additional services such as safety tune-ups, bike assembly or disassembly and packing. You can also purchase a helmet, tubes, etc. if needed.
To schedule services, please contact The Matawan Shop prior to shipping.
Matawan Bike Shop
77 Main St, Matawan, NJ 07747
(732) 229-6623 or email@example.com
The shop is 15 minutes from the Ocean Place Hotel.
ON-SITE BIKE MECHANICS
We’ll have qualified mechanics on site to assist you at the start venue before, during and after the ride.
Please note: YSC Tour de Pink and Young Survival Coalition will not be responsible for bicycle rental, transport or shipping.
BIKE MANUAL FOR NEW RIDERS
The Bianchi Team put together this great resource on all things bikes for newer riders. If you've got questions about training, bike maintenance or changing a flat, you'll find information in here.
JOIN OUR STRAVA TEAM
Strava is an online tool to track your performance and training, connect with other riders training for TDP, and measure your routes and distance.
Sign up by clicking "Join Club" on the Tour de Pink Strava page.
SAFETY - OUR #1 PRIORITY
- All COVID-19 protocols will be followed in accordance with the CDC and state/local health agency requirements.
- Each rider must be in sound health for their chosen mileage goal.
- Always wear a helmet when you are riding your bike.
- Stay to the right and leave at least one bike length between you and the rider in front of you. Ride single-file when appropriate.
- Use the dedicated bike lane whenever possible.
- Obey ALL traffic laws and road signs. Stop at all stop signs and red lights.
- Ride defensively and stay alert.
- Communicate your intention – use hand signals to indicate turns.
- Look behind you before passing to make sure it’s clear.
- Pass only when it’s safe to do so and only on the left. When passing, call out loudly, “On your left!”
- Never wear headphones or earbuds while on your bike. No selfie sticks.
- Eat before you feel hungry and drink before you feel thirsty. Stay hydrated!
- Be courteous and respectful to others.