October 01, 2020
A successful ride must be a safe ride. Basic information will keep you safe during Tour de Pink and while you are training. As an additional precaution to make sure all riders are well informed on cycling safety and etiquette, starting in 2016 all riders will be required to watch this safety video during on-site event registration.
Please also read our Bicycle Safety and Etiquette Guide and review the resources and the rules and tips we've provided below.
*Any Tour de Pink rider deemed to be riding in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave the event.
Rules and Tips
- Ride on the road, in the direction of traffic.
- Obey traffic laws. Stop at all stop signs and obey traffic signals
- Signal turns
- Share the road
- Wear bright clothing
- Communicate your intentions to other cyclists by calling out warnings in a loud voice. Some common warnings are: on your left, car back, car up, passing, gravel, potholes
- All cyclists must wear a helmet while participating in Tour de Pink
- If you are turning left, use the left lane
- A lot of cycling accidents can be avoided by controlling your speed
- Avoid music players and mobile phones. It’s more important to hear what’s around you when you’re biking. The fewer distractions the better.